22-23 May 2014 – 2 day conference, Nottingham UK
MAXIMISING EFFECTIVENESS IN SHORT TERM DYNAMIC PSYCHOTHERAPY
Overwhelmingly positive feedback from our enthusiastic delegates – summary below:
Dr Patricia Coughlin Ph.D. presented a 2 day master class outlining a clinically and cost effective method for facilitating deep emotional change.
This method aims to help patients regulate anxiety and abandon maladaptive defences in order to promote healing and lasting change.
Dr Coughlin made use of video recorded material to illustrate how this method can be applied to a broad range of mental health problems. She also presented the growing evidence base for this approach, which includes RCTs, a Cochrane review and a number of meta-‐analyses for a variety of mental health diagnoses.
Learning Objectives were:
- How to create and maintain a collaborative alliance
- How to use response to intervention as the primary diagnostic tool
- Assessing and regulating anxiety to build capacity
- Facilitating multiple levels of emotional activation
- Unlocking the emotional unconscious and rewiring implicit memories
- Promoting profound moments of meeting, the emergence of the true self and the development of secure, authentic attachments
Download or view the conference poster here: Conference Poster 2014
Resources from the conference are posted here
An Invitation and Overview from Dr Patricia Coughlin: